Mary Ellen Kimberlin
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, University of Akron
- Master of Business Administration, Ashland University
- Professional Engineer, Ohio
- Professional Surveyor, Ohio
- Association for Bridge Construction and Design, Central Ohio
- Professional Land Surveyors of Ohio
- Precast/Prestressed Concrete Institute
- American Public Works Association
- American Council of Engineering Companies, Ohio
Honors & Awards
- University of Akron Distinguished Engineering Alumni
Mrs. Mary Ellen Kimberlin worked in a variety of organizations in the field of transportation engineering. She started at ODOT District 11 as an engineering intern. After gaining some design experience, she transferred to District 12 where she was assigned to construction as an assistant engineering intern on a major interstate widening project. She was hired by a construction contractor to be an assistant project manager and surveyor and was promoted to bridge superintendent. She also earned her professional engineering license. After a short time with another contractor, Mary Ellen was hired by Euthenics as a design engineer and was the first person in the company to learn AutoCAD and civil design software. After attaining her professional surveyor’s license, she was recruited by the Summit County Engineer to be the Chief Deputy Engineer. Mary Ellen made the difficult decision to pass up the opportunity to run for elected office and returned to ODOT serving as District Deputy Director for District 3. After leaving ODOT to pursue other business opportunities, Mary Ellen returned to Euthenics focusing on client relationships, business development and fiscal project management.
Mary Ellen is an Ohio native and enjoys baking, long walks in nature, and spending time with her family.